Saturday 9 July 2016

Almost Wedding Time


So, it is the month to be jolly so to speak and later towards the end of the month, I will be heading up the the North East of Thailand with my wife to participate in the more traditional Thai culture wedding.
I really didn't know what I was getting myself into when we decided to do a wedding in the Isaan province and I tried to search as much as I could but there was really not too much online also. There was a couple of old YouTube videos floating around but these are well outdated and show an event in what looks like the mid 80's but I could be wrong.
I really need to understand what we will be doing over the time in Thailand but I have decided that I will put up here as much information as I can.
One of the great mysteries that will will probably get my wife to explain is the Sin Sod... this is similar to a dowry but a few differences or complications that will be hopefully explained in more depth in the next post... so please keep an eye out for that one !!
*Update*
I have added some videos to youtube, now that the wedding has finished, there are wedding videos and a few others from around town.

No comments:

Post a Comment